Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DPP Day 3

Today seemed to be filled with speed bumps and road blocks, literally and figuratively.  The literally part was much less exciting, at least for me; some big accidents as I was attempting to make my way through my day.  I needed to rearrange my day for a sick little lady and that long to do list from yesterday is not very forgiving.  I had a doctor's appointment that required moles be removed and sent to pathology.  While unlikely to be anything significant, it will be that little nagging thing at the back of my brain for the next week.  Then a call from daycare on the other attendee, which sent us running for a prescription and home to do even more laundry.  Our evenings are full just with activities and school responsibilities so these extra things feel much bigger than they actually are.  These days fatigue us all.  Rich and I find our energy zapped which leads to impatience which zaps the kid's energy.  We find ourselves at the end of the day begging for sleep to come to the little ones and the mercy that follows.  Although tonight we had to do a whole house pick up so the house can cleaned tomorrow (blessed to get to have my house cleaned!).  Again, this project stops that spiral into negativity.   I think I am in love with this daily reflection despite my lack of time for it!  But here I am at the end of a rough day feeling at peace.  For I just sat down and looked through the images that I took a few moments to snap as the day went on. As usual, I will put the one I chose to post at the end.  I hope you enjoy. 

Today's counted blessings:
1.  Getting a scalp massage at the hair salon.  Ahhhhhhhh, my favorite!
2.  Jimmy John's for dinner - when life gets crazy, no problem.  They really ARE Freaky Fast!
3.  The 30 minutes of conversation I get with Elizabeth and Ben while the other one is in for piano lessons.
4.  Baby K's smiles despite not feeling well.
5.  A tidy house and a husband that helps me get it that way.
6.  Having a job flexible enough to let me be with my kiddos when they need me.

An advanced ninja move for that TMNT!

Maxing and relaxing while the big kids work on spelling.

I love the way he always crosses his feet!



Just because it is Jimmy John's doesn't meet we can't meet around the table!

Such a sweetie. . .most of the time!  The bottom right is where she sucks her top lip - it is hilarious!

Just caught my eye. . .
And the winner!  This is just perfect for our kiddos.  Ben plays toys, Elizabeth reads.  But they both enter their own worlds!  I was lucky to catch this moment in between spelling, dinner, and rushing out the door to piano!


Each in their own world of make believe....

No comments: