Friday, December 6, 2013

DPP Day 6

I almost missed doing this today.  I went straight from work, to pick up kiddos, to getting them settled in with a babysitter, and then off to a dinner celebration for work.  Tonight we were honoring a woman who has worked for the PA program since its inception.  Over 40 years of service.  Quite remarkable!  It just won't be the same without her!  Now, she has exceptional knowledge of the university, the PA program, and the jobs that need to be done. . .but my favorite thing will always be that she was the keeper of the Office Depot catalog.  Oh how I love office supplies and she was the one with the office supply hookup!  :)  The dinner was a ton of fun, as is most gatherings with my coworkers.  Tonight, Katherine was my date to the event.  She had a wonderful time.  She really impressed them with her calm and quiet demeanor.  While she is a really sweet and good baby, she was on her best behavior. She was in heaven though.  Lots of people to hold her, lots of jewelry to play with, and people fawning over her.  It was a lovely evening for both of us.  She got held and snuggled and I got to socialize while other people held her.  Most of all, laughter and good friends (and even a glass of wine) is such good medicine for the soul.

When I returned home, bedtime was well on the way.  What a blessing!  So I came into the picture to help out getting everyone settled and I remembered my photo project.  I ran to get my camera.  I am so glad I did because I love some of these sweet and peaceful pictures. 

 I couldn't decide which angle I liked the best.  :)  The party princess is partied out.  :)


The rainbow loom instructor and her student.

Sleeping?

He is as angelic as he looks.  My sweet Ben.
Today's winner.  :)

Sleeping in Heavenly Peace

No comments: