Thursday, December 4, 2014

DPP 2014 - Day 3 - a little late

***still trying to post from my phone***
After a full, fun day - I crashed and burned at bedtime. Thus leaving nap time today as my only posting opportunity. 
Here is today's selection.  It was taken by my father - but let's not make a big deal of that. He is always saying what an artist (said arteest) he is.  He is insufferable. 

I chose this pic because it is easy to forget the season in 70 degree weather. We stopped for a rest after a long day of fun and this pic was snagged. It is a bit of a work of art - but again - this should never be mentioned to him.  I am calling it "Tropical Holiday". 


Today was a great day. We were set and ready for some fun. I always say that I feel like I have the whole world on my shoulders - it looks like I do in this pic!

Rich, a big kid himself, got to have some fun with his favorite characters. He is such a crack up. He was giddy and dancing around with excitement.  He came home with the most souvenirs for the day too.  I also love Ben's face in this pic. He was laughing hysterically.  He had just gotten quite a bit of attention from Marilyn Monroe and from Lucy - and then Lisa wanted to dance with him.  He walked away shaking his head and saying - "man, all the characters in this place love me!"

Perhaps my favorite pic from today shows that joy knows no age.  I snapped this a bit late for what I was going for - which was the foam balls falling on Omom's head - but I think I got an even better pic than I intended.  I love the genuine look of happiness on all three faces. 

And finally, the best part of Katherine's day was meeting Shrek and the parade. Here she is taking a selfie with Mom right after the parade. I am surprised she isn't signing "more" in the pic.  She was insistent that they begin again!

Today was a great family day.  So much fun was had - it made the back seat bickering worth it on the way home.  Off to more fun on DPP Day 4.  

No comments: