Sunday, December 7, 2014

DPP2014 Day Six

Well today was full of fun and stories and I am unsure where to start.  I suppose you could say that I am filtering through the days events and beginning a selection process.  Which is apropos because my selection for today's DPP Day Six was titled "Selection Process". 

One story that I wanted to make sure I included as it is so important to the day happened while we were swimming today.  There were two older boys playing football and Ben immediately went to see if they would let him join.  They were so kind and included him fully. I made a mental note to make sure my boys would show the same kindness to a little kid wanting to be part of their game.  I had noticed as Ben approached the pump site on the back of one of the kiddos arms but did not say anything. A few moments later, Ben noticed the site and declared - "Hey, you have diabetes.  That is awesome!"  The kiddo said "yea" and looked at Ben like he was crazy.  And then Ben said very matter of fact, "my dad has diabetes too."  The kid smiled and they went back to playing.  Knowing that so many kids with type one get treated as different or strange - I love that Ben embraced this kiddos illness and made him feel "cool" for having it.  It also speaks to how Ben sees his Daddy.   

Another fun story is the altercation that Brandon had with the store.  He had carefully selected his purchases and wanted to know where the pants were to go with his selection.  When they reported that there were no pants, he said "that is ok, just tell me where you go to get the rest of the uniform."  Here is a picture of the uniform, sans matching pants. 

Elizabeth has been a dream on this entire vacation. She has been helpful and kind. She has been responsible and thoughtful. Today she got to go shopping (her favorite thing to do - especially if Pawee or Grandma are around). She spent much of her time selecting her favorite items but she also showed a big heart for her mama. She knows Mom is a Mickey fan and she picked out some treasures for me (with Pawee bankrolling her generousity). Particularly special was a necklace that she, Omom, and I have matching. 

Here are a few more pics from our day off.  
My morning run companion. :)

They CAN get along when they want to. :)

Brandon struggled with the hula hoop contest - but Elizabeth rocked it!

Spectators. 

Time outs happen.  Even on vacation...
Every day needs a good selfie - even if it is blurry. ;)


No comments: