Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Day 4 - A little about my mother in law. . . .and snow.

Monday has passed and today has restored typical order to our routine.  The craziness of Monday allowed for space this evening.  Much needed space.  Today, I am thankful for my mother in law, Marilyn.  Well, I am thankful for her all the days.  My husband is one of the most giving, caring, and thoughtful people I had ever met - until I met his mother.  Marilyn is an acts of service love language gal and all those she cares about are great beneficiaries of her loving care.  When Rich gets busy with work, the way he is this week, she clears her evenings and comes to help me.  She does the same for Rich if I am having a particularly busy week or I am traveling.  She arrives in time to greet the children when they get home from school and hangs out with them until I get home.  She helps transport children or stays with K so she doesn't have to spend her whole evening in the car. 


A rare picture of this special lady.  She got us Panera Bread soup and sandwiches for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook.  I cleaned off the table and headed outside to snag a couple pictures of the kiddos in the snow before they decided they were too cold.  I had just come in from taking pictures of the kids in the snow to find her doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen for me.  I am both overwhelmingly grateful for her kindness while also feeling guilty that she spoils me/us!

The kids had time playing outside in the snow.  They had some big plan going.   These three have been playing together more and more recently.  They seem to always have elaborate games or ideas going.  One of the great features of having so many kiddos, playmates are built in and plentiful.  It does seem to coincide as we see less and less of E.  She naturally gravitates to her room more often and while I know it is normal, I miss having her in the mix and present to join me in commentary.  I never did get my shutter speed quite right for the pictures but I love them still.  There was so much movement and playing out there.  They couldn't be bothered to slow down to hold still for a picture.  

Fun in the Snow 
Seriously. . . their faces!

This one hasn't been feeling well for a couple days but it has gotten worse.  Her face is puffy and red, nose is stuffed, her voice is nearly gone, and she coughs like crazy.  Here, she is trying to do homework while face-timing.  I can't imagine that made for productive homework completion but she gets her work done, she gets great grades, and she manages it gracefully.  So group homework time it is!  Now if I could just convince her to slow down and get better.
Let me out, Mom!  DPP2018 Day 4

My picture for today. . . Mr. Teddy D. Dog.  Begging to go outside to play with the children.  However, he cannot be allowed out for he gets just as excited about the snow as the kids do.  He shows his excitement by tackling the children and pouncing on them.  The behavior only comes out with the snow - no other time.  I think he just can't believe that they refuse to puppy play with him in this great white fluffy stuff so he doesn't ask, just pounces.



No comments: