Friday, December 10, 2021

DPP2021 Day 9 and 10 - Playing Catch Up

 

There hasn't been much time for blog writing and photo taking as the end of the semester draws near.  I am writing this late and will have to back post it to get it to land where I want it - but that is because my days and evenings have been grading all the final elements for our PA1s and then preparing to launch our PA3s into the workforce.  We will work on wrapping up the PA2s next week.   So as all the things come due, this has to take a backseat now and again - but I do like to try and catch up when I can.  

This sweet picture of K and Teddy was snapped during the morning routine as this quiet and sweet moment managed to find its way into the hustle and bustle of getting four kids ready for school and two crazed adults ready for work.   I am grateful that I located my phone and snapped a picture.  It is always such a good reminder to what a positive force Teddy is in this family.  He meets us all where we need him and he provides so much love and care to everyone.  

I came home from work to find a battle royale going on in the basement.  These four (my three and a neighbor friend) are playing some game where Big B has to get all three into the plastic house behind him.  As you can see - it isn't going well and there is a lot of movement involved.  The moment I see this, I ask them to change the game because I can tell that it will be a matter of time before the Bs get into it and start fighting.  I do admit it took less time than I thought it would.   When looking for the supervision, it wasn't far away.   Here is the supervisor, perhaps not giving his best to his child observation duties because work duties are taking precedence.  There are a lot of times that his work is exciting and interesting and sometimes he just needs to do the hard and less than sexy work that gets the job done.   Once this step gets done, it is likely this case becomes very interesting - but the road there isn't always easy.   But he doesn't complain - he just puts in the long hours and cranks out whatever needs to be done to be successful at the task at hand.  Here he is, in his natural environment.   The longer you look at this photo - the more you will realize how perfect this office is for him.  


The end of the day managed to have just a few moments of peace after both Rich and I tried to manage pressing work and kid activities.  It makes the slow down all the more sweet.  Whether it is the snuggle on the couch or the facetiming with her Pawee - I can usually count on this kid for some family loving at the end of each day.  


I don't take for granted these last few "young" years before the rougher edges of upper elementary and middle school come into play.  But I can't hope that she will take after her big sis and never get "too cool" for her mom.   

My only photo from day 10 was sent to me by E.  Here she is taking photos for yearbook and working on schoolwork on a Friday night.  Then she brought some friends home to watch Elf and have freshly baked cookies.   Sounds like a perfect Friday to me.  


No comments: