Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday Monday - DPP2023 Day 18


Today was an average Monday with 3 dance classes, weights workout, hitting practice, and basketball practice.  It is still less than the years they all played basketball but still a little crazy.  We manage to have the luck of having a bunch of activities all land in one evening.  It does make the rest of the week easy by comparison.   After a drop off to dance class #3 - I brought Runza back for the two teens hanging out at home wondering why food hadn’t been conjured up for them yet.  They were both off in their separate corners of the house and being lazy - until food brought them together.  These two immediate play off one another - usually mocking each other or themselves.  I snapped this photo to remind me of how funny they are when they are together.  Though I find it funny that I managed to snap the moment they were both chewing instead of laughing.  They are the best and I love getting to be their mom.  As soon as the food was eaten, they were off again to their quiet corners of their favorite things.  

We arrived uncharacteristically early to dance class and these two played checkers against each other on this little screens in the back of the van.  There was trash talking and cheating by attacking the others screen - which was all met with giggles and declarations of victory. It was a fun little interaction. 

Finally - Coach declared this morning a competition for best Christmas fit at practice.  Lil B raided closets to put together quite the outfit.  I love that he embraced the fun and wasn’t too cool to go all out.  Life is too short to sit out in the fun stuff in fear of judgement.  Honestly - this blog causes me great fear some days.  I am pretty honest about where I am and how I feel.   Some days that may sound negative or ungrateful.  I know some will judge me or think this is dumb.  But life is too short to give up on this 10 year tradition that shows me the good and the bad of each stage and season.  I am always so glad I have some stories written down because I have often long since forgotten them.  Plus I hope that my kids someday will realize that even though there were times of struggle - one thing that never waivers is my love for Rich and for them.   

My love for Rich may have shaken a smidge when he accidentally left out the sauce from some delicious meatballs that this little lady helped herself to.  For 5 nights, she has been waking me up two or five times a night to go outside.  She has also been gassing us out.  We called the vet today as we were concerned it wasn’t passing.   We were reassured and we are resigned to more nights with newborn level potty breaks.   Bedtime calls - so that I can be ready for this adorable super duper perpetual pooper in the night.   







No comments: