Thursday, December 7, 2017

Day 7, A Day Late

Last night, I was too tired to tell the day's stories.  Though now, I am not sure I remember the stories.  I do remember missing a before school activity for Ben that I help to coach.  So we are really doing a GREAT job in that department this week.  Fortunately, I co-coach with a dear friend who shows me more grace than I deserve.  I sent her a text 20 minutes after the activity had started.  It said, 'Now.  Now is the moment I realized what I forgot.'  I followed it up with an apology, of course.  I saw a title of a blog recently called, "I am not the mom I had hoped to be."  It is true.  Before children, I had big ideals of what being a mom would mean for me.  A lot of "I will never"s which, of course, have all come to be.  I am not the mom that I thought I would be.   That is true in just as many bad ways as good.  I don't have it all together and the children are not perfectly disciplined.  However, I am a more thoughtful and intentional mom than the impossible ideal I ever had in my head.  I also lose my patience and am more scatterbrained than I ever knew I could be.  I have learned more about my imperfections and my strengths from raising my kiddos.  Most importantly, they teach me every day how to be a better version of me.  I will never be the mom I hoped to be and I am eternally grateful for all the supportive, kind, forgiving, and wonderful people in my life.

Today was a pretty standard day.  Big B still was not feeling a 100% and was resting in his room.  Lil b and Daddy got to go to wings with Daddy's friends.  Lil b felt like pretty big stuff.   This left E, K and I to have the spaghetti and dessert that I had made.  So we invited Uncle Tev.  So here are a few pictures from a pretty average evening at home.




Having conversation and snuggles with Uncle Tev.  E doesn't want to be in pictures tonight so she hides her face.  Naturally, that made me all the more convinced she needed to be in the photos.  Plus, she wasn't in Day 6 photos so it is her turn.  :)


This is Teddy and part of his blanket.  He has a blanket that he likes to carry around with him.  He LOVES his blanket and will protect it at all costs.  See next photo. 


E takes great joy in engaging Teddy in a "I have your blanket" game. He is winning.










E is a sweet-aholic.  When she realized there was pie for dessert, she could not wait until it was time for it to be served.  Here are some photos of her trying to utilize her adorable little sister as both a shield from pictures and a cute accomplice in pie thievery. 



Nothing to see here, mom!  Aren't I cute?


What?  Who me?  I was, uh, just planning to help you serve this.....


This is a "nah nah a boo boo" picture.


Maybe if we just take a pinch, she won't notice. 


E gave up the fight but K wouldn't quit so E administered a tickle torture to distract her while the pie was served.  They were thrilled when it was finally cool enough to cut.


No comments: