Thursday, December 14, 2017

Showstopper - DPP 2017 Day 14

Today was a fairly standard day in the Hoffman household.  We were back to normal with all four kiddos out the door to school.  I took my camera to work today with big plans to take some photos of the beautiful campus but I was busy enough that I never had the chance.  So all the photos today come from the school concert.  I can't say that I took the time to try and get a good submission for today.  I spent more time just capturing moments.  However, I did appreciate this one and it will be the day's photo.

There is one in every crowd.
 In our case, there were two....

Both a daddy and a Pawee willing to be a little crazy and silly to get a laugh from K.  I love that about both of them.  You just can't take yourself too seriously in life or you will miss some of the best parts.

Here is a list of some of the moments that I want to remember that make school concert nights so grand:

1.  The sweet chats between a Daddy and his daughter on the way in to the concert while he helps to carry all of her important treasure in her bag.  She can't be bothered to carry her own stuff because she has her baby and her ear muffs.

2.  A night where he gets to be the center of our family's attention.  He stars in the show.  I think this is great for all kiddos but especially those in larger families.

3.  That there were two types of B in this performance.  There was come alive, let the music fill your souls, sing your heart out, and dance about B..... and there was also, become distracted, watch others sing for awhile and lots of yawning B.  It was clear he played some serious favorites with the song selections.


4.  On the song that was clearly his favorite, I was reminded of a story he had told me with pride at bedtime a few weeks prior.  He had reported that he had come up with the final move of the song.  I don't know how I knew that it was the song but I was fortunate that I chose to video tape it and sure enough, that last move was a vintage B move.  I have this picture of it because sometimes you tolerate a blurry and grainy photo to have the picture of the move that he held until you got just the perfect picture and dropped your camera. 

So much fun to get to sit in your own row without any parents.

These three have been buddies since kindergarten.
I love this trio.  They are hilarious.
I love their moms too.
5.  Friendships.   Nothing better than to have an excuse to be with your friends on a school night!












Well - looks like Lil b has entered the awkward photo smile phase.












6.  Family - we are so blessed by all of our family.  I really wanted a picture with the whole cheering section but instead I was trying to herd cats. . . .er, I mean my kids.  (One thing I would like to forget is my children running around the place like crazy people.  We reframed it as a teachable moment and I remain hopeful they learned this time..... unlike all the other times we've reviewed where we can and cannot run around like banshees).
Marilyn managed to duck away from my camera on this night.  If I pointed it her directions, she would slyly lean out of the way.  Fortunately, I got a good one of her a few days ago.   I did however catch this sweet moment where at least one banshee slowed down for a sweet moment to snuggle up to Omom.

You can still see a bit of the crazy in her eyes from the running.  But I LOVE this picture of my sweet mama.  I love that she was able to be there.  After a major back surgery that was worse than expected, she is finally bouncing back and is able to come and sit for these events again.  It makes all of our hearts happy to have her around.  K enjoyed a performance full of snuggles and "drawing on her back."   I think that look on my dad's face is saying, "I am so glad that I am not the one trying to herd the screaming banshees."

We ended the night with a trip to the froyo place with friends.  It was a wonderful night.

No comments: