Tuesday, December 3, 2019

DPP2019 Day 3 Some sparkle in every day ...



The above picture will be my submission for the day but it’s significance will come later.  The way my days look the last couple years is likely familiar to other moms in my age and stage.  By the time I arrive to work, I often feel like I have lived enough for two days just getting all the kids up and out. The carpools, the cold lunches, the hunt for shoes (frequently relocated by our adorable pooch), the signing of things, checking of homework and the quick breakfast.  Today was no different.  Except in the morning hustle and bustle - a few quick sweet moments occurred.  First - the morning hunt for Windle, the Christmas Elf is a tradition.  Lil B found it first but he said, “Mom, I am going to pretend I didn’t see it and I am going to let K find it first.  She really likes to be the one to find him.”  I agreed to play along.  Lil B was rewarded by knowing he was responsible for his little sisters morning triumph.  She was so excited to show us all and reassure us that he was really hard to find today.   How kind of her.   Lil B dutifully and believably noted the location and praised K for her find.




Lil B sat and interviewed me for a homework assignment while eating some breakfast cereal.  Smiling to himself that his plan had succeeded.  Lil B is smart as can be which is only exceeded by his sweetness.  Today’s unsolicited act of kindness is a somewhat regular thing for him.  Always looking for a way to make someone feel appreciated.  He is such a happy go lucky kiddo and a people person.  Rarely will you find him playing independently as he loves to be with people.  And being the kind and generous soul he is.....people love to be with him too.  Such a great kiddo.   That cleverness gets used for orneriness too sometimes but we will let him have his moment today.

After work, I attended a fundraiser for our school district’s Foundation.  It was a great event at Kendra Scott.   This provided the opportunity for the photo above.  It was a fun event.

When I came home, my mother in law had purchased dinner for the family and was busy folding laundry on the couch.   People, laundry is the bane of my existence.  There is no keeping up with it.  Unsolicited help on my least favorite chore - reason #527,642 my mom in law is the best.   Is it any wonder my husband and children have that tendency to look for how to show kindness to others?

Seriously - is that not the most stress relieving photo you have ever seen?!?   There is a special place in heaven for that woman.


There wasn’t much space today for family togetherness or fun.  It is amazing I took any pictures!  But bookending my day was the great stuff.  Sibling sweetness on one end and library book reading before library day on the other end.  “Mom - make sure Teddy gets in the picture!”   Doesn’t get much better.   This is what I need to remember when the busy days build on top of each other and I worry that we are getting lost in the hustle and bustle.   Even in the crazy of morning routine or evening activities, the best parts get all squished in there.





No comments: