Sunday, December 4, 2022

Is it Bigfoot or Nessie? Nope, just the Hoffman bigs! - Day 4

 Following through on my promise to catch the Bigs. . . I caught them in their comings and goings.  

This beautiful girl is a senior.  I can hardly believe it.  If I am being honest, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.  While I would love to enjoy every moment - she is constantly on the go.  When I am sad because she is gone so often, I don't stop her because I know it is preparing all of our hearts for when she goes.  Regardless, I know that it will create a void that we will all feel and we just aren't ready for the first exit.  She is a hard worker and she has learned who she is so I know she is going to be great.  We will miss her humor - especially making fun of her Dad, her sweet and generous nature, and the occasional drama mama rant that usually makes us laugh.  What is pictured above is one of the things I will miss most.  It fits her personality so that she sits down and stubbornly learns music that is beyond her lesson level.  She is playing beautiful music and I enjoy it so much.  I pray that music provides the same stress relieving outlet for her that it has always done for me. Her childhood best friend, Mamo, would be so proud.  


Big B has spent the last 8 months being mostly in charge of the wellness, care, potty training (of the puppy) and play time for both our dog and his grandparents new puppy.  It has been such an area of strength for him..  Unlike some humans, animals appreciate his empathetic yet wild nature and repay his kindnesses with loyalty and admiration.  They get such better care because they have Big B in their lives.    

Lil b and I got away for a quick Mom/Son date to the Creighton/Nebraska game and otherwise our day was spent getting things done.   But right now, I am feeling the same as K in the final photo and am ready for bed.  




Good night friends. . . more later...

No comments: