Thursday, December 1, 2022

DPP2022 Day 1 - New Beginnings




And so it begins…. Back again for another December Photo Project. I had decided to skip this year but the memories from year’s past reminded me how much I love these little snapshots in time.  Seeing my kiddos over the years really melts my heart. No other time of year do I work to get their true interactions and personalities in photos.

As we walk through this year, my heart yearns from some intentionality and gratitude. Those close to us know that the years from 2020- present have been riddled with hard challenges.  There have been moments that I reflect back on that I am unsure how we found the capacity to get through. But not only did we get through but we did so while still having moments of joy and goodness mixed in with all the hard.  For that, I can’t help but be incredibly grateful.

For this December project, undoubtedly some of the hard will surface but we will intentionally find the good and the joy.   We will be intentional in making the most of this Christmas season as life has been teaching us all about its fragility.  We will be grateful for time together and the experiences be them fun, hard, meaningless or meaningful.

Today I am joyful for the gorgeous sunrise that greeted me first thing this morning.  As if God was saying, “let’s do this project!  I have your first image ready to go.”  Time for the beginning of this year’s DPP.  I suspect there will come a time I treasure this year the most. ❤️


No comments: